Looking for something that can bring your creations on the papers to solid form in real life? A 3D printer can be a great help. Whether you’re a beginner who wants to challenge yourself with something different, or somebody that is looking for a new 3D printer to replace their old one at home, we’ve got you covered. Here are our top picks of the best 3D printer under 500.
Our team of experts has gathered and selected from thousands of reviews to create this list. Read on as it can help you save time and money before you decide to buy anything. We hope you’ll find the best choice for you on our list.
Best 3D Printer Under 500 Comparison 2022
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the best 3d printer under 500, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- Resume Printing Function: Ender 3 has the ability to resume printing even after a power outage or lapse occurs.
- Easy and Qucik Assembly: It comes with several assembled parts, you only need about 2 hours to assemble 20 nuts well.
- Advanced Extruder Technology: Upgraded extruder greatly reduces plugging risk and bad extrustion; V-shape with POM wheels make it move noiseless, smoothly and durable.
- Safety Protected Power Supply: Only needs 5 minutes for hot bed to reach 110 degree.
- Strict Test: Strict testing for key components before delivery and life-time technical supports available.
- ATTENTION BEFORE USE：Firstly, please make sure the bottom of the soft magnetic sticker and the top layer are firmly adsorbed before installation. If it cannot be adsorbed, please rotate it 90 degrees and try again until they are completely adsorbed and will not separate. Secondly, after finding the correct magnetic direction, then you can stick the bottom part on the hot bed. Please pay attention to the direction before installation.
- ALL NEW FUNCTIONALITY: Introducing the first ever removable, magnetically secured, build surface for hassle free model removal.It is recommended to heat the hot bed for 2-3 minutes before removing the model with the removal tools.
- EASY MODEL REMOVAL: The first 3D printing surface designed with model removal in mind. This surface is easily removed, and flexible. Simply print on the surface, remove the upper magnetic surface from the lower, bend the flexible surface and watch the model fall right into your hands.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: The flexible surface can easily be cut to any demensions making it perfect for all build sizes and all FDM printer models.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION & UNIVERSAL: Build surface comes with upper magnetic build surface and lower magnetic adhesive base. Place lower 3M adhesive surface on top of normal build plate.Works with all FDM printer models, and all heated and non-heated 3D printer beds.
- Fast Heating and Silent Printing: The Aquila 3D printer equipped with carbon crystal silicon glass plate and super quiet printing designing, the printing model will not easily become warped and the printing sounds is below 50 decibels.
- Resume Printing Function: Aquila 3D printer could automatically resume printing when power comes on. It won’t print from scratch once meeting filament breakage, saving time and avoiding waste.
- Semi-Assembled Kit: The easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, enabling you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together.
- Fully Open Source: Aquila is a straight forward BD printer based on open source technology. It allows for flexible upgrades and various modifications. Meanwhile, you are able to choose your favorite software as VoxelMaker, Cura and more...
- Warranty and Service: All Voxelab 3D printers provides Lifetime technical support and 12 months warranty, with 24 hours quick response.
- 3D Printer Tee Gift idea for Geeks Design the perfect funny 3D Printer tee for christmas or as a birthday present for this great hobby. This 3d printer for kids, men, women.
- Vintage Retro 3D Printer Accessories and 3D Printing Gift
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Low Shrinkage & High Precision: ANYCUBIC UV resin prints the models with low shrinkage during the photocuring process, which ensures the high precision and smooth surface.
- Quick Curing & Strong Stability: ANYCUBIC photopolymer resin was specially developed to reduce the forming time with its extraordinary fluidity, and 3d model shows good stability in moist and corrosive environment after cured.
- Rigidity & Toughness: ANYCUBIC LCD resin has a good combination of hardness and toughness, which brings easy removal of the model and delivers accurate printing details.
- Multiple Colors & Universal Compatibility: ANYCUBIC standard resins are compatible with the majority of DLP/SLA/LCD 3D printers, works best with ANYCUBIC LCD 3D printers, multiple colors for your choice.
- Safe & Secure Package: ANYCUBIC UV-Curing resin bottle is packed well in plastics bubble wrap, the cap is completely intact, surrounded by a tight-fitting air bag. No worries for leakage.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
- ▌Compatibility: 3D printer glue perfect for all 3D printer hot bed, include build surface sheet plate, aluminum and glass plate,PEI, 3D printer stickers, Kapton etc.
- ▌Easy to Use : You just need to twist 3D printer adhesive up, spread on an active printing area only, no need to cover the whole surface
- ▌Easy to Clean: 3D printer glue stick with water soluble formula, you can just clean it with water after drying
- ▌Multi-function: 3D printer bed adhesive not only for 3D Printing, but also for arts and crafts, school projects, and more
- ▌Long-lasting: PLA glue Lasts for 100+ average prints
- 【Toughness Enhanced PLA Filaments】---SUNLU premium PLA filaments have the advantages of incredible ease of printing Optimized printing quality, high purity with low shrinkage and superb layer bonding, meeting your demands for printing projects of functional parts with higher toughness.
- 【Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency】These tough PLA filaments to be strict tolerances. Diameter 1.75mm, dimensional accuracy + / - 0.02 mm without any exaggeration; 1 kg spool (2.2lbs)
- 【Clog-Free, Bubble-Free & Easy-to-use】--- Complete drying for 24 hours before packaging and vacuum sealed with desiccants in nylon re bag. Recommended PLA Filament Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 215-220℃, bed 70℃ .
- 【Wide Compatibility】 --- Works and harmonizes perfectly with all common 1.75mm FDM 3D printers, thanks to the high quality standards in terms of manufacturing accuracy and the small tolerance in diameter of +/- 0.02mm.
- 【Risk-Free】 --- One-month free trial, 30 day Money-back if you’re not satisfied. Spool Diameter: 8" - Spool Width: 2.5" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.20"
- Control 3D printer from Smart Phone or Tablet.
- Wifi, Bluetooth and USB connection.
- Custom command buttons
- Web interface to upload and print files from your PC/Tablet over the network.
- English (Publication Language)
Top 17 3D Printer Under 500 Reviews 2022
ANYCUBIC 3D Printer Chiron
- Large Build Volume, ANYCUBIC Chiron 3D Printer comes with one of the largest build volume of 15.75 x 15.75 x 17.72 inches, you can print models that 90% of other printers could not, The unique high precision nozzle of 0.4mm hot end with straight through design reduces the weight on the X axis which delivers better performance even on very tall prints, Your creativity will be maximized
- Semi Auto Leveling and Resume Print, Equipped with an auto leveling module which automatically detects 25 points, supports real time adjustment compensation of nozzle height, 3D Printer can resume printing after power outage or any other unexpected stoppage, One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages, And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and material
- Easy to Assemble and Use, Full metal body, stable and durable, modular design and only take 5-10 minutes to assemble, TFT Touch Screen with brand new friendly UI to preview model and printing process on screen, offline printing, We use high grade Extruder, smooth feeding and not easy to plug, which can provide you a better printing experience of flexibility
- Printing Precise and Safe, Equipped with Y Axis Dual Sideway and Z axis dual screw rod design, the height on both sides of the Z axis will be recalibrated before each printing which can reduce the probability of releveling before each printing and the print precision of our Chiron 3D Printer is greatly improved, 24V DC high power heated bed, heating up to 100℃, Independent high-power mosfet drive, taking into account safety and heating effect
- More Function, Ultrabase Pro, Coated with a special composite coating make the printed large model not easy to warp and easy to demold, All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service
The Anycubic Chiron is an amazing 3D printer under 500 that can print bigger than most budget 3D printers. You won’t have to sacrifice quality for the price with this baby. Other than amazing features, it also offers you the chance to bring your creations to life in a variety of sizes.
This machine is very easy to set up, and the packaging as well as the manual should help you to assemble it in no time. It also comes with all the necessary accessories to help you with the installation and the printing process, which can be really beneficial for beginners.
In terms of performance, the Anycubic Chiron is pretty great for a 3D printer under 500. It can print pretty detailed stuff and can create bigger size prints too, which not many budget 3D printers could do. The heated bed is amazing, as well as the Ultrabase Pro print bed. Everything works together well so that your printing process can run as smoothly as possible without your design falling apart halfway through or after.
This printer works with almost every filament too. The sensor of the machine will alert you when it needs to be refilled or any breaking during the printing process. You can easily control everything with the full-color touch display. The only real downside of this model is that the bed needs to be adjusted manually so everything is leveled. It might seem like a hassle, but nothing careful planning couldn’t fix.
- Easy and quick set up.
- Easy navigation with the touchscreen.
- The print bed’s quality is excellent.
- The fast heating bed is awesome.
- Can print large size objects.
- Stepper drivers are removable.
- Amazing end products.
- The bed-leveling isn’t really automatic.
- The fans are loud.
ANYCUBIC Mega Pro
- Anycubic Mega Pro creatively combined 3d printing with laser engraving, you can switch at anytime without complicated adjustments. Laser intensity 1-100 level and the layer resolution can reach 0.05 mm, good choice for DIY enthusiasts and 3d printer beginners. Priting size 8.27'' x 8.27'' x 8.07'', Engraving size, 8.67'' x 5.5''
- Mega pro 3d printer uses upgraded motherboard with TMC2022 driver, which can reduce the current noise emitted by the machine. The sound will be lower than 50 decibels, so as to print in a comfortable sound environment.
- Mega Pro equipped with smart pause & resume function, to achieve multi-color printing, high efficiency and great effect, easily resume printing from power failure or pause.
- Smart Auxiliary Leveling,Fixed-point detection, the print head will move to the corner of the platform, adjust the leveling nut, too tight or too loose will make a sound, acoustic feedback helps leveling better and reduce the chance of printing failure.
- Pay attention to details, Increase the area of the leveling knob for easier operation. Full Rigid Solid Metal Frame and Modular Design, enhance 3d printer stability. Brand power supply, superior safety performance. Double gear extrusion mechanism supports to the use of flexible filaments like TPU etc.
Looking for something that can work double as a 3D printer as well as a laser engraver but still within the budget range? Then the Anycubic Mega Pro is your answer. This machine is sturdy, works amazing, and comes with every accessory you might need. It does require a bit of cable work to have everything run smooth, but for the price tag, it’s pretty neat.
Other than the fact that this machine can do its job at 3D printing quite well, and even can print with colors, perhaps the most interesting feature of this model is that it can also double as a laser engraver. The Mega Pro can give you very highly detailed end products with engraving as well as printing. Everything comes out clean and sharp.
There are still some flaws like the cables and the awkwardly placed filament spool, but overall, this 3D printer is very awesome for a budget-friendly 3D printer. It’s easy to install, and you can control everything with the built-in touch screen.
- Better extruder.
- Sturdy frame.
- Good stability.
- Automatic calibration.
- Runs quietly.
- Built-in touch screen for easier operating.
- Awkwardly placed filament spool.
- Requires some cable works.
Creality CR-10 V2
- 【Reduces Filament Blockage】Innovative Two-way Cooling Nozzle is Equipped with Two-way Sphenoid that Dissipates Heat in no Time and Drives away Heat More Evenly.
- 【High Printing Speed】We Creatively put Near-end / Far-end Feeding into one Machine. Near end Extrusion unit is Great for Printing Soft Materials while Far-end one Improves Printing Speed.
- 【More Stability】High-standard V-shaped Profile is Firm and Rigid, Reducing Vibrations and Printing Smoothly, it Promotes Precision.
- 【Silent Motherboard】Self-researched Powerful Brainpower Upgraded Silent Motherboard Give You More Printing Fun.
- 【Satisfaction After-sale Service】For technical support, please reach us via Amazon message rather than " Creality Official Support Center ", cause our customer service will respond to you within 24 hours no matter what question.
The CR-10 V2 is great for impatient people. It’s quite simple to assemble everything up, and once you have everything figured out the printing process is very easy and straightforward. The frame is sturdy and all-metal, which can last you forever with proper care. It’s also upgradable so you won’t have to completely replace it when the new model comes out.
The most interesting feature of this 3D printer is the cooling process and the heating bed. With a more powerful bed, you won’t have to wait forever to have everything ready to print. The dual part cooling duct also makes the cooling process faster but still able to maintain details throughout the process. Your end products will likely be better with a more even, thorough cooling round.
The CR-10 V2 does have some flaws, such as the quite Inconvenient operating process with a control knob or a somewhat confusing menu. But while it might take you some time to figure that out when you do, the machine basically runs itself and the printing process is really straightforward as we’ve said.
- Simple installation.
- Sturdy frame.
- Stronger power heating bed.
- Has dual part cooling duct for more even, thorough cooling.
- Good adhesion.
- Has a resume-print function and a filament sensor.
- The inconvenient operating process with a control knob.
- Can be quite confusing to navigate.
- Slide-in build plate allows printed objects to be easily removed
- 3.5-Inch full color touchscreen with intuitive icons makes for easy operation
- Sturdy, plastic alloy construction ensures stable prints
- Safe, non-heated build plate
- Wi-Fi, usb and flash drive connectivity.Positioning Precision: 0.0001 inch on Z axis, 0.0004 inch on XY plane Resolution: 0.004 inch
Everything about the Flashforge Finder screams “user friendly” to use. From the touchscreen to the removable build plate to the Wi-Fi connection, this machine is perfect for beginners or even kids to print their toys with. The design is pretty simple yet smart too. It only works with non-toxic PLA and PETG, which won’t release any toxic fumes. The nozzle is covered up for maximum safety.
The setting up process is simple, and so does the navigating. You can easily operate this machine through the color touchscreen and can connect to your laptop/computer easily through a Wi-Fi connection without needing a USB. This 3D printing machine is very safe to use too, considering that it only works with non-toxic materials and has the nozzle covered up. The build plate can be easily removed for fuss-free transferring.
The downside to this model is that due to the small print bed, you can only print small designs. But worry not, as it still can give you pretty good detail and runs quite smoothly. Also, you’ll have to adjust the bed leveling manually, but nothing too complicated.
- Smart design.
- User-friendly, great for beginners.
- Color touchscreen.
- Removable build plate.
- Runs quietly.
- Has an overhead light for easier tracking.
- The prints are pretty small.
- The bed leveling is manual.
- The filament cartridge is small.
- Can only work with PLA (and PETG to some extent).
Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4
If you’re someone who is living with other people who might find the sound of printer fans too loud or some apartment with walls as thin as paper, then this machine might be the best choice for you. The Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 is an ultra-quiet, budget-friendly 3D printer that works very well.
This printer can print in big size, and print them quickly. The heating process feels like it takes no time at all. The hot end is volcano hot, so the filament can flow super thick. The cables are very simple and clustering free but do wear out quite quickly due to being exposed. The navigation is easy enough on the touchscreen.
The best thing about this model is it runs super quiet, with almost no noise at all. This is a huge advantage for people who live in a thin wall apartment or have to work from home with other people. Some people find the fans’ sound while running can be too much and it causes them a headache. that won’t happen with this model.
- Smart design.
- The heating process is very fast.
- Ultra-quiet when running.
- Neat cables.
- Easy to navigate through the touchscreen.
- Easy to set up.
- The filament holder could use some improvement.
- The wires can be damaged easily.
Creality CR-6 SE
- 【Leveling-Free Starter Printer】The CR-6 SE features an innovative true Leveling-Free Technology .You will no longer have the same troubles of leveling as use other printers. Creality 2020 upgraded CR 6 SE 3d printer will always help you build a pefect first layer.
- 【A real quiet 3d printer】CR-6 SE 3d printer has a 32-bit silent motherboard, Atmega2560 control chip which helps to ensure that voltage control, fast movement, and printing in silence are a given. Moreover, the extruder fans are much quieter compared with Ender 3 and CR-10.
- 【Ease of Use】CR-6 SE comes almost assembled, only has 5 modular parts and 8 screws, which can be assembled within 5 minutes .Plug it in and switch it on,you can enjoy the fun of printing early than other people.With a handle added on the gantry,you can take the printer to everywhere you want.
- 【Smooth Printing Experience】The Newly-Designed Extruder on the CR-6 SE allows for a quick and painless filament feeding and the carborundum glass bed for better adhesion and easier removal, together with the filament run-out sensor and resume printing function will keep you printing, not troubleshooting problems.
- 【Meanwell Power Supply & Touch Screen】CR-6 SE equipped with Meanwell power supply,that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ fast and meeting the needs of long time printing .Every power supply has been checked before ship,and the power supply is concealed in the machine,making it much safer.4.3IN touch screen,provide a better user navigation experience.Professional Creality engineer provide 7*24H after-sale service,lifetime technical assistance.
If you’re looking for something simple, this might be the one for you. The CR-6 SE is a great 3D printer under 500, as it can offer you high-quality results at a budget price. There is no fussing around with this printer, as both the assemble and the printing process are pretty simple. The navigation is a piece of cake thanks to the touch screen.
The best thing about this model is the bed leveling. Manual bed leveling sucks. It’s a pain everyone wants to avoid, as it often takes too much time and causes so many frustrations. You can say goodbye to that pain with this model, as it comes with an automatic bed leveling system. The design is really smart too, as you can swap out the pieces without stopping the auto-bed leveling.
But while it’s great for straightforward printing, if you’re looking for something that can offer more cool extra features then this model might not be the choice for you.
- High-quality bed leveling.
- Great default printing.
- High-quality design with a budget price.
- Easy to navigate with the touchscreen.
- Loading filament can be quite troublesome.
- The settings are a bit simple.
Anycubic Photon S
- 7.6" Screen & Large Print Volume: The ANYCUBIC Photon M3 resin printer features 7.6" screen and can print up to max volume of 7.08" x 6.45" x 4.03", giving you more possibilities for your creations. Adds a replaceable anti-scratch film (an extra protective film is included for replacement) to effectively prevent liquids from leaking to the LCD screen.
- 4K+ High Resolution & High Precision: Photon M3 4K+ monochrome resin printer help print clearer, finer surface textures. With a 400:1 screen contrast ratio, the fast printer perfectly prints models with sharp corners and delicate edges, and also greatly reduces residue in the resin tank.
- Ultra-fast Printing: Photon M3 resin printer fastest printing speed can reach 50mm/h, and the single-layer exposure curing time is as low as 1.5s. It only takes 2.5 hours to print a 12cm model, which is 2.5 times faster than other 2k resin printers, help get models faster.
- Power UV Light: Using the latest ANYCUBIBC Light Turbo light source system, the LED lamp beads arranged in a matrix provide a powerful ultraviolet light source. The new build plate has a texturized checkerboard pattern that dramatically improves adhesion and print success rate.
- Adjustable UV Power: Compared with other LCD 3D printers, the ANYCUBIC Photon M3 printer can achieve 30%-100% power adjustment, not only supports ordinary 405nm UV resin, but also supports special resin, compatible with more materials, UV power can be adjust according to resin needs.
The Photon S is a fine 3D printer. It can create pretty highly detailed prints despite being a budget 3D printer. It’s simple, both in assembly and in the way to use it. Overall, it’s a pretty basic 3D printer with a great price tag.
The most interesting part of this printer perhaps is the activated charcoal filters. This part of the design makes sure the air stays clear of unwanted smelly fumes while the machine is running the printing process. Other than that, the touchscreen is neat and the details that it can print out are amazing.
But this model does have some flaws left, mainly the bed leveling system. This might take you a few tries to figure out what works best for you.
- Amazing quality printing.
- Affordable price.
- Super easy to assemble.
- Operating is very simple.
- Has activated charcoal filters.
- The bed leveling takes some tinkering around to figure out.
XYZprinting da Vinci Mini
- The da Vinci Mini streamlines its printing function through a single-button print design as well as providing different colored LEDs to indicate printing conditions.
- The da Vinci Mini can connect wirelessly to your home network for easy 3D printing throughout your home, office, or classroom.
- Use XYZware to connect to your network and experience it's updated slicing precision and computing efficiency, shortening the preparation time required before printing.
- The da Vinci miniw prints only with XYZprinting's bio-compostable, non-toxic PLA filament. The PLA filament derives from natural materials, such as sugarcane and corn starch, and has gone through various tests to ensure that it is DEHP-free and Heavy Metal-free.
- XYZprinting provides free 3D design software xyzmaker, free XYZ 3D gallery,and free 3D printing Curriculum on XYZprinting steam.
The XYZ da Vinci Mini is many’s favorites as it can perform quite well, but still very affordable. It’s a simple machine, and everything from setting up to using this printer is as simple as eating a piece of cake. The design is smart too. Despite being open-framed, the nozzle is located behind and in a place that is quite hard to reach to prevent accidental burns.
Another bonus point is that it runs really smooth and quiet, which will save you from noise pollution and disturb other people around you. It also can be connected to your computer/laptop through a USB or Wi-Fi connection.
The only main complaint is the print bed sometimes makes it hard to remove the printed objects.
- Very cheap.
- Can print quite well.
- Easy setup and operation.
- Run quietly.
- Has both a USB and Wi-Fi connection.
- The print bed sometimes causes trouble to remove the printed objects.
- WORKS OUT OF THE BOX: 3 steps to set up ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D printer with 8 screws and 3 cables for minutes, not only meets fast assembly needs for expert users but also friendly use to beginners. Printing volume reaches 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches.
- UPGRADED EXTRUDER DESIGN: Titan extruder provides precise extrusion for your 3D printing with solid filament drive and overall mechanical design compatible with most filaments, greatly reducing the clogging risk and improving printing accuracy. Works with 1.75mm 3D Printer Filament such as TPU, PLA, ABS, HIPS, WOOD, etc.
- RESUME PRINT & SENSOR DETECTION: Mega S 3D Printer can resume printing after power outage or any other unexpected stoppage.One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages. And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and cost , printing volume reaches 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches.
- ANYCUBIC ULTRABASE: Patented 3D printer printing platform surface coated with patented microporous coating, with excellent adhesion when printing and then effortlessly falls off the bed when it cools to room temp at the end of the print.
- MORE FUNCTION: ①ANYCUBIC MEGA S is an all-in-one frame 3D printer. The rigid metal frame can minimize the shaking to improve the print quality; ②The double-rod motor is more durable than the traditional clutch motor, does not lose steps, has high precision and more model details can be restored; ③TFT Touch Screen-As responsive as operating on the phone
This is another user-friendly model that is great for beginners. The manual got you covered and the assembling process is a piece of cake with the Anycubic Mega-S. Using it is pretty simple too, as you can navigate everything with the touchscreen. You won’t have to worry about adjusting bed leveling either. For starters, having this 3D printer will surely make you want to start printing right away.
Other than the amazing heated print bed, the other parts of this machine work together well, which helps you create amazing end products. The mega S also comes with extra accessories, so you can save some money up without having to buy and find other parts that you might need.
The mega S, however, does have some flaws. It runs very loud, and the touch screen’s brightness couldn’t be adjusted. The filament can give you some struggles in removing it.
- Quick assemble.
- Beginners friendly.
- Sturdy frame.
- High-quality heated print bed.
- Awesome print quality.
- Comes with extra accessories.
- Loud and makes a lot of noises.
- The touch screen’s brightness is not adjustable.
- The filament can be hard to remove.
- Core XY structure design, full belt drive, higher stability and printing accuracy, ensure the quality of the model; Dual Z-axis design, increase the bearing capacity of the hot bed, reduce errors in printing, and print more finely.
- X5SA DIY assembly, providing complete parts and tools. The paper manual, SD card with an electronic version of the instructions and a link to the installation video. Assemble and debug by yourself, enjoy the fun of DIY assembly, possible to achieve unlimited innovation and transformation of appearance and performance, so as to meet your ideas and creativity. This process takes some time to install, debug and learn, which is quite challenging for novices, more recommended for experienced user.
- Silent motherboard and high quality power supply. TRONXY silent motherboard adopts German imported TMC ultra-quiet motor drive chip,allowing the printer always running at low decibels. 360W high-quality power supply, the power supply system is more stable and safe.
- Full functions, support Automatic leveling, Manual leveling, Filament detector, Power failure resume to print functions and other basic functions.
- If there is any questions when installing and using the 3D printer, you can contact us.TRONXY provides 1 year warranty and lifetime technical support and 24-hour professional customer service.In case of holidays, the after-sales service will reply asap on working days.(contact us: Your Amazon Buyer Account> Click Your Account> Your Orders> Find your order and click Contact Seller)
The Tronxy X5SA is another bigger 3D printer that has a budget-friendly price tag. Its design helps it to run with fewer vibrations and can boost the print speed a little bit. It can print bigger models, thanks to the large build. The best thing about this model perhaps is the bed leveling. Unlike many other 3D printers that are under 500, this printer does have an auto-leveling, which can be a lifesaver.
The quality overall can be improved a little. The belts and the cable chain, while creating much fewer noises, can be rubbed against each other. The build plate quality is very low, almost feeling like super glue. Overall, it’s great for its price, but it can be better.
- Can print big, thanks to its large build volume.
- Has auto-leveling.
- You would need constant bed leveling.
- The belts and the cable chain can be rubbed against each other.
- Low-quality build plate.
Phrozen Sonic Mini
- 【Fast Printing】Our Mono-LCD Cures Resin in only 1 sec ! Highly improves your manufacturing & prototyping process. Much faster than the regular RGB LCD.
- 【Easy to Operate】Install the building platform, fasten the resin vat, and install CHITUBOX Slicing Software. Add the printing parameters, then slice your file in the software, save it, and upload it onto the printer in just a few clicks.
- 【Excellent Accuracy and Print Quality】ParaLED (parallel UV LED matrix back light system) with over 95% Optical Uniformity, better than conventional COB LED.
- XY Resolution: 0.0625 mm | Printing Speed: 50 mm/hr | Layer Thickness: 0.01 - 0.30 mm. With a Z-Axis made of aluminum extrusion, the Sonic Mini is precise and durable.
- 【Warranty and Service】Sonic Mini has a stable mono-LCD screen which can work for over 2000 hours. A free 3-month warranty is provided as our guarantee. Our 3D printers are made, manufactured, and assembled in Taiwan.
The Phrozen Sonic Mini can be the best budget resin 3D printer for many people. It’s fast and simple to set up, easy to use and can work well in terms of printing resin. The end products can come out highly detailed, and for a very cheap price tag, this machine works amazing. It also prints super fast too, like, really, really fast.
But, as the name suggests, the Phrozen Sonic Mini is smaller than your average 3D printer, which means it can only print small objects. This machine works with raisin, which can create some nasty fume so it does require being put in air-ventilated places.
- Can print super fast.
- Super simple to use.
- Very cheap.
- Small build volume.
Creality Ender 3 V2
- ENDER 3 PRO V2 UPGRADED VERSION: Creality Ender 3 V2 3D printer is an upgraded version of Ender-3 Pro, classic appearance in integrated all-metal body inherited from its predecessor ender-3, firm and stable. Comes with silent motherboard, glass bed platform, 4.3 inch HD color screen, meanwell power supply，a rotary knob on the extruder.
- Upgrade 32 Bits Silent Mother Board: 4.2.2 Mainboard with Silent TMC2208 Stepper Drivers, completely void of the classic stepper driver squeaks and squeals as the stepper motors twist and turn. You will benefit from a very quiet working environment during your 3D printing.
- UL Certified MeanWell Power Supply: Produced by the listed company with mature technology, meeting all the Needs of Fast Heating and Long-Time Printing. The power supply is concealed in the machine, making it much safer.
- Carborundum Glass Platform: Enable the hotbed heat up quicker and prints adhere better without the warping. Ultra smoothness even on the first layer. With Better Adherence and The Model Can be Easier Removed but Not Damage the Models.
- Resume Printing Function: The ender 3 v2 has been shielded by its power supply from voltage spikes and power outages. If electrical power is lost, prints can be resumed from the last layer, saving time and reducing waste.
For a price under 300, the Ender 3 V2 works great. It eliminated many problems with the original model, while still maintaining the best traits and even improving it a little bit. This machine is built to be a workhorse, as the printing process is quite strong and can handle tough projects, but still runs smooth and quietly. The result is amazingly detailed objects.
The main complaint to this model seemingly lay in the filament loading, as it sometimes can cause you unwanted trouble. Also, the detachable display is ok, but not really necessary.
- Can create high-quality prints.
- Performs well for its price.
- Runs quietly.
- The filament loading is troublesome.
- Unnecessary detachable display.
Like many other Anycubic models, the Photon is a great machine for the under 500 price tag. The resin 3D printing is surprisingly good with this printer, as it can produce highly detailed projects with a stunning finish. Setting and using the Photon is also super simple, so you won’t have to worry much about that either.
However, the aftermath of resin printing can be quite messy and requires more care than other normal 3D printing processes. The build volume of this machine is a little bit small so that is a downside as well. However, it still has enough space for most basic projects.
- Highly affordable.
- Simple to use and setup.
- Impressive quality prints.
- Clear instructions.
- Custom slicer.
- Small build volume.
- Resin printing sometimes can be messy.
The JGMaker Magic can print pretty neat for a price under 300. It’s cheap and sturdy, which will last you for a long time. Plus, it has a good heated bed, a filament run-out sensor, and SD card protection. The build space is actually a bit more spacious than the advertisement, which means you can print some bigger size projects too.
However, it’s still partially a DIY kit so you’d have to spend some time assembling it. Nothing too hard though. The cooling fans also can be better, but overall for the very cheap price, it’s an a-ok machine.
- Sturdy frame.
- Spacious build surface.
- Good heated bed.
- Has a filament run-out sensor.
- Has SD card protection.
- Requires effort in assembly.
- The cooling fan can be better.
- ✔️【Unique Double Color Printing】2 extruder module and 2-in-1-out hot end, which deliver 4 types of printings--Single color, Double color, Graded color and Mixed color, which will greatly enrich your 3D printing experience.
- ✔️【20 Minutes Self-Assembly】The modularized design divided the printer into 6 modules--Gantry kit, Bottom kit, Extruder motors, PSU kit, LCD display kit, Filament holder kit, what all you need to do is to tighten screws, connect wires correctly and fine-tune belt tension and adjust heat bed when necessary. The whole process takes about 20 minutes.
- ✔️【GT2560 V4.1b Marlin Control Board】Using Marlin firmware, stable and easy to operate. It will support auto-leveling function. All what you need to do is to order a 3d touch/bl touch, connect the sensor with A10M, update the firmware and then simply debug.
- ✔️【Filament Detector and Break-Resume】The filament detection system will alert you to change filament when the printer runs in air or the spool is empty. The resurrection system is added to save real-time printing status and to resume the printing job exactly at the same place where it has been stopped.
- ✔️【After-sale Services】Our products have strict quality inspection test before leaving the factory,and if you have any problem with this printer, please kindly contact us at ANY TIME.
This is a reliable, sturdy, and good quality 3D printer. The Geeetech A10 is a great printer kit for a tight budget. Everything is pretty simple to navigate, and you can expect some really good quality results. For people who are new to 3D printing or people who just want something simple then you’ll absolutely adore this machine.
Of course, there are still some flaws and things that can use some improvement such as the power supply unit and the lack of a Duel Z lift setup, but overall the Geeetech A10 is a pretty decent 3d printer.
- Easy installation.
- Good quality end products.
- Runs quietly.
- Doesn’t have a Duel Z lift setup.
- The power supply unit can be better.
Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 Pro comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
- 【Outstanding prints and ultra accuracy】Brand new light source structure provides more even UV light emission and working together with 2K mono LCD, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the 3D printed models are fascinating.
- 【Sturdy build quality】CNC machined aluminum body makes Mars 2 Pro a very formidable machine. Newly-designed sandblasted build plate has a much stronger adherence during printing and enables consistent printing success. Built-in active carbon could absorb the fume of resin and offer you a refreshing printing experience.
- 【Multi language interface】Mars 2 Pro now supports 12 kinds of languages so customers across the world could operate the 3D printer more conveniently without barriers. The newly added 10 languages are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Portuguese.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD (FEP film is excluded). Mars 2 Pro comes with 2 extra FEP films for you to replace the original one if needed.
For a relatively low price, the Mars 2 Pro is one of the good 3D printers for a tight budget. It’s not the best, but it can work well and the significantly shorter printing time makes it stand out more than many other models within the price range. It’s also easy to use, and the quality is ok.
Overall, there is nothing really special about this machine, but it’s no doubt a good 3D printer. Plus, It’s very cheap.
- Short curing times.
- Easy to use.
- Better build area.
- The pixel density is slightly lower than other models.
- The fans are loud.
- Doesn’t have a top-down removable vat.
Geeetech Acrylic Prusa I3 Pro B
Easy to use, can handle pretty flexible materials, and super cheap are what we think of when it comes to the Geeetech Acrylic Prusa I3 Pro B. It can print well, and for basic needs, it’s decent enough. Plus, it’s dirt cheap compared to many other 3D printers and the customer service is amazing.
This model still has some flaws such as the slow heating up process or the assembling process could be a little confusing. The PSU is weak and can use some improvement. but for people who are just starting, this is a good choice to get to know the basics of 3D printing before you decide to move on to more advanced models.
- The frame is more sturdy than many other models.
- Can handle flexible materials.
- Super cheap.
- Excellent customer service.
- Does require some tinkering around to work properly.
- The heating up process is quite slow.
- Weak PSU.
Factors That Should Be Considered To Find Your Best 3D Printer Under 500.
If you’ve found your perfect choice of the best 3D printer under 500 from our list above, congratulations. Let’s start 3D printing and bringing your creations to life! Here is a tutorial on how to use your printers.
Still, got some questions left? Don’t worry. We also got you covered. Down below are the answers to some of the most asked questions regarding 3D printers. Read on as it can help you with your questions and help you to find your perfect choice better.
3D printers are different from regular printers.
This is quite straightforward. A 3D printer is nothing like your regular paper printer. From the frame, the structure, the functions to the result products, everything is different. You can’t expect your design to come to life within minutes, even if it’s small. The 3D printing process may take hours, and even more as you might have to trim off excess plastic or fix some small details up with your hands to get the best result.
Talking of plastic, 3D printers do have trouble akin to paper jams, only it’s much worse with the addition of plastic. Overwork your machine and it can break down and leave the plastic melting all over the place. Get a low-quality printer and your design will come out like a hot mess if it can come out at all. Chances are, with the low-quality models your printing process will collapse halfway through.
It’s worth investing in a high-quality 3D printer as it can last you forever and save you a lot of pains and headaches from having things break down in the middle of the printing process. In the long run, a high-quality model will also save you a lot of money as you won’t have to keep buying parts to replace the broken one as with many low-quality printers.
Cautions when 3D printing at home.
If you’re planning on starting your 3D printing journey at home, then there are some things you should keep in mind. First is the size of the printer. Some 3D printers are quite large and heavy, which could cause you some trouble trying to fit them on your working desk at home. Smaller models are a better choice, but they’ll limit the size of your creations as they work best with smaller size.
Another point to be considered is that the enclosed frame might suit your home better than an open one. During the printing process, the 3D printer can heat up quite hot, as hot as 250°C and above. It’s much safer for you and other people you’re living with if you get an enclosed 3D printer that can protect all parts from the heat rather than an open frame one and risk burning yourself or others.
More on the space factor.
As we’ve mentioned above, space can play quite a big role in getting a 3D printer. Whatever model that you’ve decided to pick, it should fit nicely within the place that you wish to put it. Too heavy, too large, too bulky,… just one of those factors can affect your 3D printer and the design that comes out of it. Measure everything carefully to make sure that your printer will fit.
It’s also worth mentioning that your 3D printer can emit some heat during the printing process, so you should keep the space surrounding it clear of other objects. Some raisin models have quite a heavy smell to them, which can lessen the quality of the air in your room and affect badly to your health. You should place your 3D printer somewhere well-ventilated to avoid these problems.
Another quite important aspect to be considered when it comes to buying a 3D printer is the connection. Your 3D printer can be connected to your laptop or computer via USB or shared among others with the network connection. Choosing the type of connection will depend on whether or not you want to use it all by yourself or use it with a group of others. It’s worth checking if the model that you picked will support your needs.
Some printers don’t support a direct USB connection. These models, however, still have a USB socket so you can plug in your flash drive or SD card through an SD card reader. You can use the printer without using the computer this way. Simply use the built-in browser of the printer and you’re good to go.
The nozzle size will determine how detailed your end product will be. Most 3D printers come with a standard 0.4mm nozzle, which is fine and can be used for many designs. However, if you’re planning to print something that is super detailed like figurines, then you’ll be better off with some smaller size nozzle.
The nozzle size is not the only factor that can affect how detailed your creations will come out of your 3D printer. For a stunning detailed end product, you should look at the information regarding the print resolution. To put it simply, the smaller the print solution number can go, the higher the detailed and better result you can have.
Getting a cheap but low-resolution model can give you a lot of headaches. Your creations can turn out a hot mess (literally), with bumpy and rough texture, as well as looking nothing like how you want it to come out.
Another thing to be considered is the printing speed. Yes, we know, nobody wants to spend all day waiting on printing so the faster the better right? Not really. Faster printing speed doesn’t mean better quality of the end product. With some models, faster speed can turn out into quite a disaster as it can turn your design into a hot glob of lava plastic. With moderate speed, it’s much safer, although more time-consuming.
With that being said, it is not like all fast models are bad. Some only take hours, while others might require a whole day to complete the process. Fast or slow will also depend on how detailed your design is. Just remember, there is no shortcut when it comes to 3D printing. Highly detailed 3D models take time to make. It isn’t some drawing that can be rushed on paper with a normal printing machine.
A 20 x 20 x 20 cm 3D printer can handle medium-sized models well. Some 3D printers are really small, 12 x 12 x 12 cm or so, which will limit the size of their products quite a lot. Most 3D printers will be 15 x 20 x 15 cm, which is ok if you’re somebody that mostly prints at home or uses the printer all by yourself.
What type of 3D Printer’s frame should I pick?
There are two types of frames when it comes to 3D printers: open vs closed. The open frame is much cooler, as it can show you the full process of bringing your creation to life. The models with open-frame will also look less bulky than the fully enclosed ones, yet still, be able to print bigger than them. It’s also easier and requires less maintenance than the other type.
However, a closed-frame is a safer and better choice for domestic purposes. The enclosed walls will lessen the noises, as well as prevent the smelly smell of the printing process to affect your air quality too much. The closed-frame also can prevent your children or pets from accidentally touching the hot extruder. If you are living with your family or working at home then this type of frame might be a better choice.
PLA (polylactic acid) is a biodegradable polymer plastic. This is the most commonly used among all the filaments. It’s non-toxic, and most 3D printers support it.
In 3D printing, there are some types of most well-known filaments you should be aware of:
ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is hard plastic, like lego-hard. This filament is also non-toxic, durable, but can be quite smelly. It’s also challenging to work with too.
Nylon is the filament that separates the cheap models from the more expensive ones. It needs special printers that are designed specifically to handle them.
Of course, there are other types of filaments too, but the most commonly used is PLA. And there is a reason for this filament’s popularity. You can print almost anything with it, and that is fine for most people who don’t have to do some intricate work or professional work. If you want something other than PLA, check if your 3D printer can support it.
What kind of printer is suitable for a beginner?
This largely depends on what you want from your 3D printers. For most beginners, they’re in the earlier state of trying things out, how 3D printing works, what will they need,… and other stuff like that. With that purpose, a budget 3D printer is more than enough. It can cover all the basics that you want to know, and you can play with it for a while before moving on to more advanced models if you want to go further.
For beginners who want to enter the professional game, then you should pick a more intermediate 3D printer. It might take longer to figure everything out, but you can stick with it for quite a while. More advanced models will have more options for you to play around with.
Budget 3D printers nowadays can amaze you with their quality. However, it’s much safer for you to pick from famous brands such as Anycubic and Creality, as many people have used their products and are quite happy with them. Picking something completely new or from some small name companies is very risky, especially in the low price range. Just stick to the most well-known brands and you’ll be fine.
Why 3D printers might feel more expensive.
Well, it’s not like some paper printers that only need ink and paper. This is 3D printing, which means 3D models that you can take out of a box. From the materials to the maintenance, everything is different and much more complicated than normal printers. 3D printer’s parts when having troubles are much harder to fix than normal printers too.
On the other hand, 3D printers can do much more than a normal printer. You can literally bring your creations to real solid form, so all the hassle is worth it. Plus, it doesn’t have “paper jams” as frequently as your regular printers, so you won’t have to worry about having to get new parts all the time.
Understand why you decided to buy a 3D printer.
If you’re planning on buying one to satisfy your curiosity and hobby, you should buy a simpler model, as chances are you’re not gonna use other extra features and can grow bored quickly when your curiosity runs out.
However, if you’re planning to go further than just fun and games, then consider buying a solid model that has extra features that best suit your needs. You can always pick 3D printers that are upgradeable so you can change things up later if you wish.
Whatever you decided to buy, it’s best to know what you want from your 3D printer so you can pick the most suitable one for your needs, and save money from unnecessary extra features.
What to pick then?
Most 3D printers are safe and can be versatile enough to satisfy basic needs by doing a pretty decent job of printing simple 3D models. However, for highly detailed miniature designs, your best pick is resin printers. Something that can be challenging in terms of dimension is better off with dual extrusion printers. Depending on what you need, you should check the technical features and their purpose with each model for a better decision.
How about a 3D Printing Pen?
Sure, if you’re not planning to print much. Basically, 3D pens work much like 3D printers but you’ll have to sit there and build everything with your hands. It requires more patience, more skills, and more care, as you can easily burn yourself with it if you’re not careful enough. You’ll also have to understand structure quite well to build something with a pen.
It’s a much cheaper choice, and many artists, as well as craftspeople, found them quite interesting. However, if you’re planning on printing many projects, then a 3D pen will not be a great choice for you as you will have to sit there and do everything by hand.
Conclude: Our Top 5 Best Picks For Best 3D Printer Under 500.
And we have our best pick: the ANYCUBIC 3D Printer Chiron! It’s the best 3D printer under 500 for many people as it can work well, while still staying within the budget-friendly price range. You won’t have to sacrifice quality for the price with this one. It’s easy to set up and to use, can print large, and can print awesomely.
There are still flaws, of course, but most other printers in the price range also have similar problems yet lower quality. And after a while when you get used to the bed leveling, using this machine is really easy as it basically runs itself. Overall, it’s a pretty neat 3D printer under 500.