To help you navigate the hundreds of choices we reviewed our favorite of the best mini bluetooth speakers. Many are either connected via mobile app through bluetooth or WiFi.
If you like our list, please read our other reviews. We update regularly!
Table of Contents
Best Mini Bluetooth Speakers – Wireless Speakers
Sonos Portable Speaker
- Small yet powerful speaker for streaming music and more. Get rich, room-filling sound with Play:1, and control it with the Sonos app
- The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop, or tuck it away on your office bookshelf
- Go from unboxing to listening in minutes with just 1 cord and step-by-step guidance in the Sonos app
- Pair 2 Play: 1's in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound."
Sonos Play:1 is an amazing compact wireless speaker w/ fantastic sound quality!
While it’s much more expensive than you think – it does have a wealth of amazing features.
Small enough to fit on bookshelves or an outside table – wherever you are, you can listen to your music through a quality speaker + play it loud enough to be heard.
Another super feature of this speaker is that is is connectable to Amazon Alexa, so if you are an Alexa home, you can hook up these speakers and enjoy the ease of being able to tell the speakers exactly what music you want.
You will be able to play different songs in different rooms at the same, or play one song in sync throughout the whole house. Imagine the parties with this speaker, the same music echoing through every room!
Wireless connectivity means you can stream all your favorite music services quickly and easily. These would be a great stereo pair of speakers, or as the rear speakers in a home cinema system.
Technical wise, Sonos Play:1 has 2 Class D amplifiers and custom-built drivers, which are all attuned to the distinct acoustics of the speaker. True-speaker Fine Tuning intelligently adjusts the sound of the music for the room that it is being played in.
You can even enjoy your tunes in the shower, as this speaker is humidity resistant! There is a free app that goes with the speakers to help you fully control your music experience. Importantly, these connect via Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth, so you are less likely to experience music drops or delays.
- Pros: amazing features, easy set up, quality sound w/ strong sound level
- Cons: could be expensive to kit out a whole house, app can be “buggy”
Tribit Bluetooth Speaker
- KILLER AUDIO: With crystal highs, crisp mids and rich bass, XSound Go creates an immersive listening experience unlike any other. State of the art bass radiators and dual 8W power drivers deliver shocking sound without distortion even at maximum volume.
- EXTREME WATERPROOFING: Pool parties? Definitely. Lounging on the beach? Absolutely. Singing in the shower? You bet! This waterproof speaker is perfect for all sorts of summer fun.
- SLEEK & SOPHISTICATED: Tribit XSound Go is as stylish as they come. Curved edges and a matte finish offer a modern touch, the compact design maximizes portability. Toss it in a backpack, stick in in your purse, or carry it around with the attached strap.
- ALL DAY PLAY: Keep the music pumping all day (and all night) long. The powerful battery guarantees up to 24 hours of continuous use! You'll be able to enjoy your favorite songs whenever (and wherever) you please.
- WIRELESS CONNECTION: Don't let cords tie you down. Premium bluetooth 5.0 technology effortlessly connects to all of your bluetooth-enabled devices up to 100ft range. Press and hold the multifunction button to access the voice input for Siri and Google Now.
This compact Bluetooth speaker is a elegantly designed portable speaker.
You can use it anywhere. Whether at home, the beach or one hike, this speaker can travel. With its compact size, it can fit into a backpack. So, you can enjoy great sounding music on the go.
Imagine your pool party or BBQ with this speaker – it just looks right, doesn’t it?
High-definition quality + volume : using high performance drivers and a passive sub-woofer, your music will come out clear. Online reviews note the strong bass that can be heard outside or in a party atmosphere.
It also has a IPX4 water resistance rating, which makes it splash proof, giving you the confidence to use it around the pool or in the bathroom.
You can use the Bluetooth speakers as a speakerphone to free up your hands and it even has a built in microphone, and the rechargeable battery gives up to 8 hours of play time. Connect it to non-Bluetooth devices through the AUX port and included 3.5m aux cable, so your older devices don’t have to miss out!
- Pros: great sound quality, good construction
- Cons: water resistant doesn’t mean you can take it to the pool
Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker
- BOSE WATERPROOF SPEAKER: Small but powerful, the Bose SoundLInk Micro Bluetooth speaker produces loud, clear sound with shockingly deep bass. It packs a custom-designed transducer and passive radiators for crisp, balanced sound, WATERPROOF AND DUSTPROOF (IP67)
- TEAR-RESISTANT STRAP: This small portable speaker comes equipped with an easy-to-use, tear-resistant silicone strap. Secure it to your backpack, beach cooler, or handlebars, and the reliable strap will hold tight through shocks and shakes
- RUGGED OUTDOOR SPEAKER: Constructed from durable materials, including a rubberized silicone exterior, SoundLink Micro resists drops, dents, cracks, and scratches. Plus, its soft-touch finish almost never shows a mark
- WATERPROOF SPEAKER: The SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker has been rigorously tested to meet an IP67 rating. It’s waterproof, dustproof, and protected from extreme temperatures, liquids, and other substances
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY: This small outdoor speaker comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery. Enjoy up to 6 hours of music and charge anytime via the included Micro-USB cable
Quintessential portable speaker – Amazon have really cornered the market with its range of speakers.
You can play all of your music, from your apps, just by using your voice. What’s more, Echo also functions as a hands-free device. Again, through voice commands you can connect with any Echo devices in the house.
With Echo, your room will be filled with 360° omni-directional music – and of course, you can play music simultaneously across all your Echo devices in distinct rooms.
When it comes to wireless sound, the Echo is one of the best bluetooth speakers available.
Unsurprisingly, connects to Amazon Bose, so it can answer questions, read the news, control Amazon Fire TV – anything Alexa can do! AND it will control many of your other smart home devices, from your NEST thermostat to lights, fans and garage doors.
It’s like having a Star Trek computer in your home, and we want one.
7 microphones ensure Echo can always pick up your voice, and the more you use it, the more it adapts to your voice and recognizes your speech patterns. Additionally, you have the app to help you connect everything you need.
Once you try Amazon’s Bluetooth Echo, you’ll see what the hype is all about.
- Pros: excellent connectivity, great for people with disabilities, amusing Easter eggs
- Cons: somewhat portable: has to remain plugged in, could use an equalizer for improved sound.
JBL Charge 4 – Waterproof Portable, Home Portable Speakers
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying powerful sound.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges your device via USB port
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water
- JBLCONNECT plus Amplify your listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect plus enabled speakers.
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures
Back to portable speakers now, with this DOSS Sound-Box Bluetooth speaker.
High-definition stereo speaker gives you impressive volume wherever you are, using 12-watt full stereo sound through dual high-performance drivers and a specially enhanced bass.
Bluetooth 4.0 technology provides a great connection, and it automatically connects to the last device that used it. There is an impressive playback time with this device: up to 12 hours (at 75% volume) using the rechargeable Li-Ion 2200 mAh battery – and a super quick charge via micro USB of 3-4 hours.
Consequently, this speaker is great for traveling or for day trips, and it even comes with its own drawstring travel bag! Additionally, this speaker uses capacitive touch control: you have fingertip control of the tracks, the volume and more. The attractive design of this speaker, plus all the mentioned features, make it a brilliant portable speakers option.
- Pros: excellent touch controls, great price, balanced sound quality
- Cons: can get confused when paired with multiple devices, some distortion at the highest volume
MIATONE, Bluetooth Portable Speakers
- [Immersive Sound] The MIATONE audio processing makes the audio quality of the BOOMBOX speaker better across all the frequency range from dual precision acoustic stereo drivers. Further, the crisp treble and mid frequencies are without noticeable crackle at maximum volume. Also, using the DSP technology, the dual advanced subwoofers and aluminum passive radiators on each ends boost deep and precise bass that is true to your music, without exaggeration and distortion.
- [TWS Function] You can pair 2 Bluetooth speakers for a total of 32 watts surround sound, ultimately the combined output generates full stereo and true to life sound, for a more immersive experience.
- [Tough Cylinder Shaped Housing] The speaker is provided with a mesh fabric that provides enough grip, even when you are running with the speaker in your hands without having to worry about losing the grip. Further, both ends have rubberized tips that prevent slippage and also cushion the speakers even with big falls., which makes it perfect for skiing, golfing, biking, hiking, camping and many more.
- [Bluetooth V4.2 Range Testing] With the Bluetooth V4.2 you can connect and leave your speaker up to 33 feet away from the phone, even if there is a concrete corner or wall in the way. Also, if there is no concrete obstacle, the range is decent at even 100 feet in a straight way.
- [Robotic Voice Reminder] The Bluetooth speaker is provided with an English accent robotic female voice reminder, which says power on and off, Bluetooth paired and battery low.
If you’re looking for a speaker to pair with Amazon Alexa, but don’t have the budget for Echo or similar systems, then the MIATONE may be the speaker for you!
Speakers are Amazon certified as compatible with Alexa, so you’re getting all those great features of being able to communicate via Alexa.
** many of the best bluetooth speakers aren’t compatible w/ Alexa, but not an issue with the MIATONE
Unlike Echo, you will have to press the microphone to engage voice commands. So, it’s not as simple as saying her name. For the price reduction, this may be an acceptable compromise!
Sound wise, there are dual 7.5W acoustic drivers, and frequency response of 50Hz -.20 Hz, so you’ll experience loud, crystal clear audio, that fills the room with streaming music services, or music from your Bluetooth paired device.
As these speakers are portable, they have a rechargeable battery with up to 9 hours of continuous playback, making it perfect for travel or parties. It has a connected MIATONE app, so you can take control: connect it to your Wi-Fi and enjoy music throughout the home.
- Pros: impressive sound quality, Alexa connectivity at a more budget price
- Cons: cannot run Bluetooth and Wi-Fi simultaneously, potential Wi-Fi security risk
Bose S1 Pro Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Big sound from a rugged speaker that goes where you do.Mounting Type: Freestanding
- This portable Bluetooth PA system is made for parties, outdoor get-together, and all those times that deserve better sound
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing and inputs for a microphone or musical instrument such as a keyboard or guitar
- Built-in sensors and multiple aiming positions for optimal sound in any nearly position
- Get up to 11 hours of play time with the rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
These bamboo, smart home speakers are designed to impress!
The wood aesthetic is scratch and damage resistant and is a personalized modern look. With dual high performance drivers, and passive bass, you get 360° surround sound.
With less than 1% harmonic distortion, the sound quality isn’t sacrificed in the process.
The touch sensor panel uses capacitive touch technology. This provides easy control of your tunes, with a touch of your finger. Although this feature is only supported in Bluetooth mode, not when using the AUX mode.
Speaking of Bluetooth, this connects via 4.1 Bluetooth technology, allowing you a wireless connection of up to 10 meters indoors, and as mentioned, it has a 3.5mm AUX jack for non-Bluetooth devices. (def one of the best bluetooth speakers with really strong volume capabilities)
The rechargeable battery allows up to 400 mid-volume songs with a single charge, so you can enjoy the high-quality sound anywhere. These are good speakers at a budget price!
- Pros: great volume for a small speaker, aesthetically pleasing
- Cons: bass is rather poor, touch controls can be unresponsive
Bose SoundLink Revolve+ (Series II) Bluetooth Speakers
- MORE SOUND ALL AROUND: Engineered to deliver true 360 sound for consistent, uniform coverage from a bluetooth speaker. SoundLink Revolve-plus II plays louder and deeper with longer battery life than SoundLink Revolve II
- IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE: With up to 17 hours from a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you get more play time than the original SoundLink Revolve-plus speaker. Charging is easy via the Micro-B USB port
- DURABLE PORTABLE SPEAKER: SoundLink Revolve-plus II is dust and water resistant (IP55 rating), so it will stand up to splashes by the pool. Plus, it’s easy to grab and go, with a flexible fabric handle
- BUILT-IN MICROPHONE: Take calls and access your device’s default voice assistant right from the portable speaker. Or connect the speaker to an Amazon Alexa-enabled device, like the Echo Dot, for even more hands-free control of your music
- CONNECTING IS EASY: Voice prompts talk you through pairing your device to this Bluetooth speaker. Multi-connect lets you pair two devices at one time and easily switch between them for complete control of the music.
The Bose SoundLink Box mini is perfectly optimized for smart devices, giving you high quality stereo sound as well as strong bass — perfect for music and movies!
This speaker has an attractive metallic design and you can even choose from a range of colors. 3-colored LED button on the top of the speaker controls the power and also lets you know the state of the battery charge.
Compact and slim, this speaker gives you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy music anywhere, at any time. The rechargeable battery gives up to 25 hours of nonstop playback or 1000 hours on standby. (I was shocked by LEVEL’s battery life!)
For that alone, I think it’s one of the best bluetooth speakers when it comes to sound.
Thankfully, it connects easily through NFC Tag, or Bluetooth. The S-Voice function lets you know about your timetable, messages and alarms. Also, there is a built in speaker phone function. Not to mention, the control buttons are easy and intuitive. All of this makes for an attractive and modern speaker. So, we definitely want one, for our outdoor summer parties next year!
- Pros: stylish, great charge
- Cons: not as loud as loud