The US technology giant Microsoft likes to promote the Xbox One X, currently the most powerful console in its range that ordinary consumers can buy. But what use are razor-sharp textures and impressive multiplayer sessions if the whole story doesn’t hit the right note? For an immersive gaming experience, the harmonious sound is at least as important as the optical opulence.
As we all gamblers know, good headsets offer the best conditions to immerse yourself in the acoustics of a game. In order to save you from unnecessary bad purchases, we have selected the 10 best headsets for the Xbox and show you today which models will flatter your listeners the most. Have fun with our contribution!
Table of Contents
Best Headsets for Xbox One Reviews – Buyers Guide [Bluetooth and Wireless]
Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Premium
- Closed stereo headset ideal for all gaming and multi-media applications.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Compatible with all gaming consoles. Headphone frequency response : 5 - 35,000 Hz
- Excellent intelligibility of speech due to high-quality microphone Capsule.Nominal Impedance Headphones:32 ohms
- Lightweight! ideal for extended wearing. Nominal sound pressure level-96 dB
- Made in Germany
The undisputed king among the best headsets for the Xbox One comes from Beyerdynamic and bears the name “MMX 300 Premium”. In order to avoid confusion from the outset, it should be mentioned at this point that we are explicitly referring to the headset model from the second generation. In view of the rather high price of around 250 to 300 €, one or the other of you should probably weigh twice whether you really want to buy this headset.
From our side, however, we can give an unreserved purchase recommendation for the wired device. The advantages of the headset start with its high-quality workmanship: The over-ear earpieces come with a convincing foam padding that keeps any pressure away from your ears.
The decisive criterion, namely the sound, can simply be described as excellent. The individual sounds are reproduced powerfully and well-balanced. The fine sound mix even allows us to perceive marginal background noises in the game that we had not even noticed before. So we can not only lose ourselves wonderfully in the background noise of our game, but thanks to the coherent surround sound, we also locate opponents in multiplayer games long before they waddle into our field of vision.
Speaking of multiplayer: all commands that you communicate to your fellow players via the microphone reach the recipient with excellent sound quality. It may be true that you have to invest a large amount of money for our test winner, but you will receive a 1a product that will heave you into sound spheres that you did not know before.
SteelSeries Arctis 3
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Designed for everywhere you game, with superior sound, comfort and style on all gaming platforms, including pc, PlayStation, Xbox one, Nintendo switch via detachable 3.5 millimeter cables
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Play all day with athletics inspired performance fabric air weave ear cushions that keep your ears cool and dry
For a purchase price of just under 100 $, the SteelSeries Arctis 3 is a bit cheaper than the model just presented. It doesn’t take long before the buyer realizes that this headset has been tailored exactly to the needs of Xbox gamers. The device can be connected to your Microsoft console in no time, thanks to the integrated Xbox wireless connectivity. Just press a button, and the wireless headset connects to the game’s box, just like a controller. The very long battery life of the SteelSeries Arctis 3 is particularly impressive. It takes almost 28 hours before the product’s battery needs to be charged.
Suppose you prefer to hear a pushing song while gaming than the in-game drivel; you can use the processed Bluetooth function to connect to another device during the gaming session. The well-sealed auricles hide unpleasant background noises so that you can completely delight in the crystal-clear timbre of the headset. The quality of the microphone was also highly praised by the users. So if you’re looking for a headset that clearly focuses on Microsoft’s in-house console, you can’t go wrong with the SteelSeries Arctis 3!
HyperX HX-HSCA-RD Cloud Alpha
- Frequency response 15Hz–25,000 H.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear.The versatile Cloud Alpha is designed to work on PC, PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and other platforms with a 3.5mm port.
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for more distinction and less distortion
- Signature award winning HyperX comfort
- Durable aluminum frame with expanded headband
- Detachable braided cable with convenient in line audio control
In the usual way, we present you with the third place on our list at the same time as the winner in the “price-performance ratio” group. Anyone who is thinking of getting the HyperX HX-HSCA-RD Cloud Alpha should plan a budget of 85 to 100 $ for it. This makes the visually appealing headset one of the medium-priced models. But does this mean that the technical properties of the product do not go beyond mediocrity either? We can give the all-clear on this point.
Thanks to its high-quality auricles, the headset is not only extremely comfortable to wear but also scores with pleasantly robust workmanship. The sound is excellently balanced but does not quite reach the broad sound spectrum of the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Premium. Nevertheless, the integrated technology is completely sufficient to create immersive gaming acoustics.
Because the headset is connected to your controller via cable, you never run the risk of being surprised by the sudden loss of sound. In the same breath, this also means that your freedom of movement is minimally restricted. There are no compromises in terms of the microphone. Thanks to noise suppression, your voice reaches the ears of your fellow players in a razor-sharp state at any time. By the way, you can not only use this model for your Xbox. If the corresponding device has an input for the headset’s jack plug, it also connects to the HyperX HX-HSCA-RD Cloud Alpha.
Razer Thresher Xbox One
- The Razer Thresher for Xbox One is the complete wireless audio solution. On top of delivering lag-free audio immersion, this premium headset also focuses on undisputable comfort
- The Razer Thresher for Xbox One is engineered to ensure a lag-free long-distance connection of up to 20 feet / 6 meters. The retractable digital microphone gives you the flexibility to communicate with your teammates clearly, even in loud environments, delivering your commands with true-to-life quality and reliability
- The in-built quick control buttons and a retractable digital microphone provide you with instant access to mic and master volume even in the heat of battle
- Designed to be completely comfortable even during intense gaming marathons, the lightweight plush ear cushions are made from memory foam and leatherette, so they that effortlessly conform to the unique shape of your head. Now, you can game for hours on end without needing to give your ears a break
- Circumaural design with 50mm Driver Units providing crystal clear audio, and up to 16 hours battery life on a single charge;Frequency Response: 12 - 28,000 Hertz
The Razer Thresher for the Xbox One shines with its 50mm drivers, which, in combination with the surround sound created by Windows Sonic, ensure an impressive soundscape. However, we don’t want to ignore the fact that the sound spectrum is not quite as well balanced as with the first two devices on our list. This shortcoming is compensated for by the virtual surround sound, which allows us to precisely locate ambient noises within the corresponding game.
The product, which costs around 135 $, works entirely without connecting cords and is very easy to connect to your console. The battery life is around 16 hours before the headset slowly but surely runs out of juice. The optically simple housing of the headphones has been refined with a few discreet splashes of colour, which blend elegantly into the external appearance of the headset. The well-made foam pads create a comfortable fit that lasts for many hours of play without your eavesdroppers feeling warm.
It’s important to mention that Razer offers its Thresher headset in several different models! So make sure when you buy that the addition “Xbox One” is included. Otherwise, it may be that the purchased product is not compatible with your Microsoft console.
Astro Gaming A50
- Pro Audio Quality
- Superior Fit & Finish
- Precision Microphone
- 5GHz Wireless Technology
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound
The refreshed A50 lives up to the name Astro and a lot more. With its futuristic design and 5.8 GHz wireless technology, this high-end headset delivers one of the best sounds in our entire collection. The A50 is equipped with Dolby Digital 7.1 surround sound, which offers an impressive soundscape regardless of the type of playback. To improve your gameplay even further, you can adjust the sound in three different EQ modes – so you can quickly boost the bass or treble while the unidirectional microphone isolates your voice from ambient noise.
The A50 also has all of the added benefits you would expect from a quality headset, including auto power off, hassle-free wireless connectivity and long battery life. But most importantly, the A50 makes games more engaging and fun. For the serious gamer, audiophile, or those who just love great sound, it’s a must-have – provided you are willing and able to spend the money. For Xbox gamers, Astro offers an Xbox One-specific version that includes a wireless adapter for the console to get the most out of the headset.
Sennheiser GSP 500
- SOUNDS DESIGN - German-engineered EPOS I SENNHEISER transducers ensure exceptional audio clarity with superb dynamics and extended bass response.
- FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - A broadcast-quality, noise-canceling microphone cuts out breathing and background noise with a convenient flip-to-mute feature
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - New headband design features adjustable contact pressure providing a customized fit for every user.
- VOLUME CONTROL - Intuitive, integrated volume control wheel on the earcup for on-the-fly audio adjustments.
- COMPATIBILITY - Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One and other consoles with 3. 5 mm jack input (some Xbox One controllers may require Xbox One Stereo headset adapter, sold separately).
At first glance, the GSP 500, which costs around 130 $, shines with its adjustable headband, which allows you to adapt the headset to your individual head shape. This works really well over a certain period of time, but after an hour-long gaming session, a slight feeling of pressure can arise. The volume of the game can be easily adjusted by screwing on the built-in controller, which was attached directly to the device.
The sound quality is, without a doubt, in the top league. The sound spectrum is extremely clear and impresses with its profound balance. As with other models we have presented, the Sennheiser GSP 500 also knows how to shine with its immersive space. A plus point that ensures that you can immerse yourself even deeper in the game. Due to the open design of the product, however, it is possible that noises from the surroundings are not blocked out satisfactorily. If you gamble alone in your gaming room, this shouldn’t be a problem. On the other hand, if the loud tone is common in your household, this fact could prove to be annoying.
While this headset clearly outperforms cheaper competitors, it has to admit defeat to higher-priced models in some points.
Plantronics RIG 600
- High-fidelity, 40 mm drivers balance distortion-free bass with vibrant mids and treble so you hear more detail in your games and music
- Mic sensitivity : -45 dBV/Pa. Choose between the noise-cancelling boom mic for team chat or the discreet inline mic for mobile devices to control volume, mute, and call answer/end
- The slim, lightweight design incorporates a cushioned headband and perforated, breathable materials for hours of comfort, whether you're gaming, listening to music, or watching videos
- The sound-isolating earcups immerse you in your games or music and fold flat so you can wear the headset around your neck or easily tuck them away for travel
In order not to burden your wallet too much, in the course of the seventh place, we present you a model that is available for a final price of well under 100 $. In fact, the Plantronics headset doesn’t even cost 70 $, which is why the product should arouse the interest of bargain hunters in particular. But what can the buyer expect for such a narrow thaler?
Basically, the RIG 600 meets all the important criteria that a modern headset should master. The sound, with its 40mm drivers, turns out to be surprisingly full-bodied, especially since the basses were able to please us with their intensity. However, there are some drawbacks in terms of noise suppression. Because the ear cups of the device are relatively small, your eavesdroppers are not completely shielded from your surroundings. Conversely, this means that loud background noises are unfortunately perceived very well. Good for those who can call a quiet room their own!
The microphone, on the other hand, does particularly well. Your own voice is conveyed to your fellow players in excellent quality. Here we would have only wished that the microphone could be aligned more flexibly. If your home environment offers the right circumstances, with the Plantronics RIG 600, you get a rock-solid headset for a more than fair price.
Be excellent Gaming Headset
- Razer HyperSense: Converting sound signals into vibrations in real time, the headset provides tactile feedback from within the earcups with an intensity level that’s controlled from a convenient on-headset button.Specific uses for product : Movies and Gaming
- Razer TriForce Titanium 50mm Drivers: Our patented 3-part driver design pushes out exceptional highs, mids and lows that doesn’t muddy, providing a more dynamic listening experience for deeper immersion.
- THX Spatial Audio: With our advanced 7.1 surround sound, enjoy true-to-life acoustics that optimizes game sound design to hear everything.
- Hybrid Fabric and Leatherette Memory Foam Cushions: Snug, close-fitting earcups provide superior sound isolation, comfort, and the feeling of full haptic feedback from its drivers for full-blown immersion.
- Detachable Razer HyperClear Cardioid Mic: Be heard loud and clear with a mic that’s fine-tuned to suppress background noise for enhanced voice capture during gaming.
While we have just arrived in the low-budget segment, we will continue with a model that is very difficult to undercut in terms of price because the Be Excellent Gaming Headset doesn’t even cost you € 25. Instead of exercising discreet restraint, the manufacturer chose the approach of equipping its device with opulent LED lighting.
This may certainly be a matter of taste, but the bluish lights offer a successful visual change from the often too simple models of the competition. With a headset, of course, it’s not primarily about the external values. We can say one thing straight away: Despite its rather bulky construction, the Be excellent gaming headset feels pleasantly comfortable.
The quality of the sound should also meet the expectations of most gamers satisfactorily. The same applies to the microphone, which enables communication with online friends without major losses. However, if we take a closer look at the sounds reproduced, we cannot avoid noting that the sound spectrum is not particularly broad. These deficits are particularly noticeable in the mids and highs.
In view of the very low price, however, we would like to hold back a bit with our grumbling tirades. The bottom line is that the Be excellent Gaming Headset fulfils its purpose and is, therefore, an excellent entry-level model for a particularly small budget.
Razer Kraken Tournament Edition
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
- Sound Built for Immersive Gaming: Outfitted with custom-tuned 50 mm drivers
- All-day Comfort: Oval, cooling gel-infused cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Retractable Noise Cancelling Microphone: An improved cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-line Audio Controls: Includes an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch
Thanks to THX Spatial Audio, the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition takes its users into a whole new sphere of Dolby Surround experiences. The 50mm drivers, which, according to the manufacturer, cover a particularly wide range of sounds, also fit. A cooling gel is used inside the ear cups. This significantly reduces the development of heat so that the player can literally keep a cool head.
The common 3.5mm jack plug turns the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition into a multi-platform headset that can be connected to all current consoles. In terms of acoustic fine adjustment, the headset shines with its individual adjustment options. This also applies to the microphone, which can be easily retracted and extended. If you are considering buying the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition, you should expect it to cost anywhere from 80 to 90 $.
Creative Sound BlasterX H5 Tournament Edition
With regard to the optical components, the manufacturer chose a rather cautious approach. Thanks to the coherent foam padding, your ears are embedded in soft ear cups that completely enclose your listeners. Thanks to this isolation, you are protected from annoying background noises from your home environment.
The sound of this model is particularly powerful and delivers a solid, well-balanced sound experience. While the Creative Sound BlasterX H5 Tournament Edition is convincing in terms of “sound”, the headset’s microphone has a few weaknesses. Although we can be consistently understood by our fellow players, the sound of our voice is at most sufficient. Here the focus of the makers was clearly on those tones that are transported through the ear cups into the gamer’s ear canal. However, if you mainly gamble in single-player mode, we can warmly recommend you tenth place on our list today.